Accessing Mental Health Services
Youth and families can access mental health services in different ways, depending on their needs.
The following are ways that mental health services can be accessed:
- network180: As the community behavioral health authority for Kent County, network180 contracts with several agencies who provide services for mental illness, substance use disorders, and developmental disabilities to Medicaid enrolled citizens. Individuals without insurance may be eligible for some services. If you have questions about eligibility, please call 1.800.749.7720. Individuals can visit network180's Access Center located at 790 Fuller Ave NE to be screened for eligibility. Visit network180's website by clicking here.
- Healthcare providers: Physicians can refer families to mental health services. Available services may depend on insurance type.
Need to connect to a Community Mental Health (CMH) outside Kent County? Below are some of our neighboring CMH's:
- Allegan: 1 (888) 354-0596 (toll free) or (269) 673-0202. Click here to visit website.
- Barry: (269) 948-8041. Click here to visit website.
- Ionia: Ionia Office: (616) 527-1790; Belding Office: (616) 794-6592; Portland Office: (517) 647-2128. Click here to visit website.
- Montcalm: Emergencies- (989) 831-7520 or toll free 1 (800) 377-0974; Non-Emergency: (800) 448-5498. Click here to visit website.
- Muskegon: (231) 724-1111. Click here to visit website.
- Newaygo: (231) 689-7330 or 1 (800) 968-7330. Click here to visit website.
- Ottawa: (616) 494-5545 or Toll Free: 1 (866) 710-SERV (7378). Click here to visit website.